Thursday 23 September 2010

SWOT Analysis

STRENGTHS

Planning
I plan for as many outcomes as possible that I have control over

Concentration
Once my mind is focused on a goal I will try my best to achieve it

Salesmanship
Working in retail for 7 years has given me opportunities to work with customers across various product ranges on a one to one basis

Social
Always up for social events with my mates

Logical/Methodical
I take thinks one step at a time trying to take the most efficient approach to the challenge

Technical knowledge
Easily able to grasp how technology works

Hard Working
Will always work as hard as I can

Flexible
Willing to change my plans where possible to suit the needs of the situation


WEAKNESSES

Poor handwriting skills
My handwriting skills never fully developed although remain legible, because of this
I prefer to type most documents

Liable to procrastinate
In the past I have missed homework assignments, missed deadlines because “I had better things to do”

People skills
I can find it hard to relate to people at first, and can appear closed off

Easy to provoke
I can be drawn in to arguments easily and always prepared to voice my opinion

Left handed
Being left handed I have had to adjust to a world build for right handed people and small things like not being able to cut a piece of paper in a straight line due to the scissors is frustrating

OPPORTUNITIES

New career
On completion of this course I will have access to a new tier of working environment not only in engineering but many other industries

Enhance knowledge base
I will be exposed to a greater understanding of the engineering field

Personal development
I hope to overcome some of my weaknesses and become a stronger person from this experience

Further academic progression
The ability to progress my education further to a Masters Degree level

THREATS

Failing to complete work set
Without the repetition of personal study time I could find myself failing to achieve

Work requirements
While working alongside this course in an uncommon sector I may be distracted from my priorities

Economical
Personal circumstances may change to the point where I may not complete this course

1 comment:

  1. Very good SWOT!
    I like your honesty "Liable to procrastinate" bit.
    Hopefully this will help you reflect and realise that for success you need to become organised and not let academic work fall by the wayside.
    John

    ReplyDelete